Thursday, October 21, 2010

I finally saw a moissanite

So I visited Ultra Diamonds in the outlet mall in Leesburg Virginia today and I saw a moissanite diamond stone. It was visably a more greenish and grayish color than real diamond. The weight for some reason felt like it was much lighter than a traditional ring, and they were set in 14k gold. I did not like the settings that they had there, and they really weren't that much cheaper than the diamond options. I would be able to get a much larger stone, but the color of the moissanite was definiatily enough to make me think twice. I would still consider it, just depending on what Matt would want to do. They said that Moissanite was just as hard as diamond and it would last like a diamond would. I asked them if there were other better options as far as colorless goes available, and they said that they thought that all the moissanite would have that color in it.
So I have been looking around at the different jewelry stores.
The perfect ring that I want right now is at Colonial Jewlers in downtown frederick. I might just email them to make sure that they still have it available and see if they could order if if they do not have it in stock anymore. Also I might ask them about christmas sales and if they could do anything with the price around the winter time? The beauty of this ring surpassed all the other rings of that same style that I had looked at, and the price was less than those not as nice ones that I saw at other jewlry stores at the mall. Price was $2,800 but the woman said that they weer able to work with the price and could go down to $2,500. The only concern that I have with this ring, is that they do not offer free iridum plateing and things like that, like Kettermans does when you purchase the ring from them.
Kettermans had one ring, which I think is too large for my likeing, and it was above the price range that I am willing to have anyone spend on me.
There are a lot of other options that are available out there, not which are as nice as the ring that I saw at Colonial Jewlers. I shopped around the mall and the stores have good prices, although quality would be an issue for me. Finks is a beautiful store, although prices are too high, and the settings alone are around 3,000 and the guy said that a half CT would cost around $1,500. It would be a wonderful ring to have, but I think that it is too much money. I'd rather just have the other ring from colonial than have to order a diamond and worry about spending that much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment